- In your own words, summarize the ACEs study and why it is important (5-7 sentences).
- What is your reaction to this information? What surprised you? Please cite specific examples (5-7 sentences).
- Why do you think human service professionals should learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)?
- How can ACEs be a helpful “lens” to view clients’ actions?
- Why do you think a history of adverse experiences in childhood might continue to cause problems for a person throughout their lifespan?
- Why do you think adverse experiences increase the risk for so many types of problems?
- How does knowing what you now know about ACEs change the way you may look at a client?
- How do you think ACEs in childhood may impact an adult experiencing a crisis?
- How will this information change the way you respond to people experiencing a crisis?