Interview one of your classmates and ask them what they think about the articles they read each week. Were there any recommendations for practice that they thought could be implemented in their clinical practice tomorrow? Next week? Next year? What is their rationale? Do you agree or disagree?
Remember to cite your author!
Citing personal communications in APA Style
In APA Style, personal communication is any source that is not accessible to your readers. Personal communications are cited in the text, but not included in the reference list.
Another researcher stated that the results so far looked “very promising” (A. Smith, personal communication, July 15, 2021).
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least two academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts and supporting your opinion with a reference. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- Quotes “…” cannot be used at a higher learning level for your assignments, so sentences need to be paraphrased and referenced.
- Acceptable references include scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions), journal articles, and books published in the last five years. No websites to be referenced without prior approval.
- Discussions must be posted in CANVAS to be graded. Uploaded documents will not be accepted.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on two posts by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
|Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts||Distinguished – 5 points|
Identify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.
|Excellent – 4 points|
Identifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Fair – 2 points|
Identifies and demonstrate an acceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Poor – 1 point|
Identifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines||Distinguished – 3 points|
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
|Excellent – 2 points|
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. Moderate level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
|Fair – 1 point|
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.
|Poor – 0 points|
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.
|Response to Posts of Peers||Distinguished – 2 points|
Student constructively responded to two other posts and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal to each.
|Fair – 1 point|
Student constructively responded to one other post and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal.
|Poor – 0 points|
Student provided no response to a peer’s post.