Goal: Develop a clinical practice question using PICO(T) that focuses on a clinical issue to improve the quality of care.
1. As a team, you will identify a clinical problem/opportunity, draft a PICOT question.
2. Review the literature (using the articles you are reading for your weekly summaries, if possible), make recommendations.
3. Create a poster and add it onto your last slide of your PowerPoint presentation to disseminate your findings.
- The presentation should be original work and logically organized in current APA style including citation of references.
- The presentation should be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- PowerPoint presentation with 10-15 slides, excluding the tile slide and the reference slide.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.
- Complete and submit by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.View Rubric
|Identification of Main Issues/Problemsview longer description||4 ptsDistinguishedIdentify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues/problems.3 ptsExcellentIdentifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues/problems.2 ptsFairIdentifies and demonstrate an an acceptable understanding of most of issues/problems.1 ptsPoorIdentifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues/problems.||/ 4 pts|
|Analysis and Evaluation of Issues/Probelmsview longer description||4 ptsDistinguishedPresents an insightful, thorough analysis and evaluation of issues/problems.3 ptsExcellentPresents a thorough analysis and evaluation of most of the issues/problems.2 ptsFairPresents a superficial or incomplete analysis and evaluation of issues/problems.1 ptsPoorPresents unacceptable analysis and evaluation of issues/problems.||/ 4 pts|
|Demonstrates a Conceptual Understandingview longer description||4 ptsDistinguishedProvides a thorough, competent and interpretive responses to all issues/problems, and shows a high level of conceptual understanding.3 ptsExcellentProvides a competent and interpretive responses to all issues/problems, and shows a moderate level of conceptual understanding.2 ptsFairProvides a competent responses to all issues/problems, but lacks interpretation and a moderate level of conceptual understanding.1 ptsPoorProvides an unacceptable response to all issues/problems, and lacks interpretation and a moderate level of conceptual understanding.||/ 4 pts|
|Use of Citations to Course Readings and Additional Research/Literatureview longer description||4 ptsDistinguishedEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing.3 ptsExcellentEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing.2 ptsFairIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing.1 ptsPoorIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing.||/ 4 pts|
|Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelinesview longer description||4 ptsFull MarksDemonstrate a high level of clarity, precision, and attention to detail. APA style is correct and writing is free of grammar and spelling errors.3 ptsExcellentDemonstrate a high level of clarity. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.2 ptsFairDemonstrate a moderate level of clarity. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.1 ptsPoorDemonstrates issues in writing and communicating clearly. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.||/ 4 pts|
|Total Points: 0|