- Type: Annotated bibliography
- Subject: Other / English- proposal solution
- Topic: olutions for this problem include: Holistic education, The teaching of personal responsibility, learning by doing, Private education and Apprenticeship, changing the curriculum
- Style: MLA
- Number of pages: 2 pages/double spaced (550 words)
- PowerPoint slides: 0
- Number of source/references: 6
- Extra features: –
The annotated bibliography should help you to gain a thorough overview of your materials, allowing you to begin to evaluate each one critically, which will help you to begin to crystallize and synthesize your ideas as you gather together and continue to amass information. By this time you will already have done a substantial amount of reading around your subject and should have a fairly specific idea of what sources you will be using for what purposes.
Your annotated bibliography should:
contain between 5 and 8 sources, a few of your original sources having been dropped out by this time and, perhaps, a few new sources having been added.
in MLA format: sources listed in alphabetical order by author or title if no author, NOT by organization (review how to cite in MLA)
After each bibliographic entry, you should include the following:
a brief paragraph comprised of a summary and/or description (3-7 complete sentences) of the contents, argument, purpose, or main point of each source
a sentence or two to describe how each source will be used in your final essay.
each entry must specifically state the type of source that each source is, i.e. website, journal article, etc.
MLA formatting for each citation – take a look at the folder in Week Six: About MLA, Sources, and Documentation