- Style: APA
- Number of pages: 3 pages/double spaced (825 words)
- PowerPoint slides: 0
- Number of source/references: 3
- Extra features: –
RESEARCH DESIGN, METHOD & DESIGN METHOD ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
There are various research designs (i.e., fixed, flexible, and mixed) that help to shape and form one’s research. Each design has various methods associated with the design (Qualitative, Quantitative, Mixed-Methods). Each one of those methods then has a design method associated with it (i.e. Correlational Analysis, Case Study, etc.). This week you will dig into the different designs and methods and consider what might be the most appropriate style of research to address the problem you presented in your problem statement from Week 2. After reviewing the Reading and Study material for this module and considering the three designs discussed in the text, please address the following questions:
1. Describe the three designs and when is it appropriate to use each design? How are the designs similar? How are the designs different?
2. What specific methods are related to each of these designs?
3. What design (fixed, flexible, mixed), method (quantitative, qualitative, mixed-method), and method design (i.e. correlational, case study, phenomenology, etc.) is most appropriate to address your proposed research problem from Week 2? Provide a rationale for why you believe it is the most appropriate.
The overall length will be dependent on the context provided, but the average length is two to three pages of content fully substantiated by research.