1. The reply posts may be more conversational but should still be focused on the discussion prompt/topic.
2. To encourage the development and demonstration of your own thoughts, direct quotes are not allowed in our discussions (either the initial thread or the replies) except for brief quotes from Scripture. Please note that if you choose to include direct quotes, they will not be considered in the final word count.
1. Two reply posts are required. Each reply must include at least 150 but not more than 250 words.
2. The source of any information included that is not considered common knowledge must be identified with a citation.
3. Each source cited must be included in a reference list at the end of your posts.
4. At least one textbook citation must be included in each reply post.
5. Direct quotes should not be included except brief passages from Scripture.
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussions. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt.
Finally, although healthy discussion is encouraged, disrespect towards others (e.g., hostility, name-calling) is not acceptable and will be penalized. Refer to the Discussion Grading Rubric provided for specifics regarding how points are assigned for your thread and replies.