The FAR Parts: Part 15 – Contracting by Negotiation: Subpart 15.2 – Solicitation and Receipt of Proposals and Information states, “Exchanges of information among all interested parties, from the earliest identification of a requirement through receipt of proposals, are encouraged” (1). When planning a competitive solicitation, the agency must provide needed information to develop a thorough request that takes into account the agency’s objectives for quality, schedule, and costs.
The Proposal Adequacy Checklist is used to provide the location of requested information, or an explanation of why the requested information is not provided. In preparation of the offeror’s checklist, offerors may elect to have their prospective subcontractors use the same or similar checklist as appropriate. For this assignment, first analyze the DFAR Parts: 252.215-7009 Proposal Adequacy Checklist for organizing a proposal.
Write a 2–3 page report in which you:
- Analyze the intrinsic value of two of the submission items on the DFAR Parts: 252.215-7009 Proposal Adequacy Checklist, including an argument to support your position.
- Discuss whether or not the offeree should let an offeror’s mistake within a proposal go uncorrected, even if such action would cause the offeror to withstand a loss.
- Explain one judicial remedy available to the offeror to prevent his or her loss, including an argument to support your position.
- Use at least two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the compliance considerations of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) in contracting actions and dispute resolution requirements.
- Acquisition.gov. No date. FAR Parts: Part 15 – Contracting by Negotiation: Subpart 15.2 – Solicitation and Receipt of Proposals and Information. https://www.acquisition.gov/far/part-15#FAR_Subpart_15_2