Promoting Positive Social Justice Case Study
For this discussion, you will have an opportunity to choose one of three different case studies to analyze for social justice.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum:
• Read What Is Social Justice in Education? (Links to an external site.)
• Watch the video, A Black Man Goes Undercover in the Alt-Right | Theo E. J. Wilson | TEDxMileHigh (Links to an external site.) https://youtu.be/FdHJw0veVNY
• Read your assigned case study based on the first letter of your last name by accessing the Case Studies on Diversity and Social Justice Education text in the University of Arizona Global Campus library:
o Case 3.4: High Expectations or Unrealistic Goals? (for students whose last name begins with A through F)
Write: After you have read your case study, complete the following analysis:
• Describe the inequities that exist in your case study.
• Describe the various perspectives that are evident in the case study by discussing each person’s viewpoint in the case study.
• Explain why it is important to examine multiple perspectives. Use at least one scholarly source to support your explanation. (Review the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) tip sheet for support on identifying an appropriate source.)
• Discuss the challenges this cases study presents.
• Create equitable solutions for this case study for both an immediate fix and a long-term solution.
• Explain the outcome you are hoping for because of your long-term solution.
• Create a simple action plan by outlining the steps that you will need to take to achieve your long-term solution.