- Type: Argumentative essay
- Subject: Criminal Justice
- Topic: Origins of Third World Sovereignty + International Law
- Style: APA
- Number of pages: 4 pages/double spaced (1100 words)
- PowerPoint slides: 0
- Number of source/references: 2
- Extra features: –
Order instructions: They should summarize the key arguments of the readings, contrast the perspectives of the readings, and respond to the readings within the context of the course.
I. to summarize an author’s or authors’ main ideas and
II. to respond to their main ideas with reactions based on your synthesis and arguments, using some examples to back your arguments
Your paper must be written under the following specific guidelines:
• You must use 12 point, Times New Roman font;
• Your paper must be between 4 and 5 pages.
• You must number your pages;
• You must cite your sources and use a legitimate citation style.
• Please be consistent throughout your paper and bibliography is optional.
• You must have a clear thesis statement, somewhere between 1 and 2 sentences long;
• You must use proper grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling. Please use
italics and quotations when necessary; i.e. when referencing legislation and articles.
Organization and Structure
1. Introduce the subject of your critique – the reading under analysis.
2. Review the background facts or issues.
3. Review the assumptions in the reading.
4. Make your position statement clear: what is your evaluation? On what basis are you
making it, given what you have stated in (2) and (3)?
5. Review the author’s ideas in light of the position you identified and elaborate on each point that relates to your central position.
6. State your conclusions, reminding the reader of the points you have made and your reasons for making them.
Please use in text citations correctly and source correctly when referring to the readings and please follow this guideline.
I have attached more detailed instructions and also attached a sample written in the past by another student, follow this format as well as the guidelines and you can use this as an example but do not copy it. The paper must be in APA with proper in text citations. Use the two readings and no other sources.