Since motivation is a major determinate of a person’s persistence toward achieving a goal, it is important to examine how managers can use motivation to attain organizational goals. There are various theories to help managers understand how high performance can be effectively obtained from people.
This assignment requires you to examine one of 3 motivational theories: these include Expectancy, Equity, or Goal-Setting Theory. For this assignment you will select Expectancy, Equity, or Goal-Setting Theory to analyze in detail. Then, evaluate the effectiveness of your selected theory according to peer-reviewed literature and biblical principles. There should be a cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion and reference sections (which do not count towards the minimum word count).
This paper must include the following 2 sections:
1. Theory Analysis from Literature: Analyze one of the following motivation theories; Expectancy, Equity, or Goal-Setting Theory. In your analysis, define the theory, describe its intended purpose and functions, and discuss its strengths and weaknesses. Provide a summary statement that explicitly states whether or not the theory is effective according to current peer-reviewed scholarly journals. (At least 400 words)
2. Theory Evaluation from Scripture: Evaluate your chosen theory’s effectiveness according to biblical principles. Your biblical evaluation, must include the following: A summary statement that explicitly states whether are not the theory is effective according to the Bible. Discuss how you arrived at your evaluation decision citing the Bible or if you are using the rationale of a Christian scholar in your evaluation, then explain their Bible-based rationale and support it with biblical citations. (At least 100 words)
Cover page with Topic Title
Theory Analysis from Literature (at least 400 words in this section)
Definition of the Theory
Purpose and Function of the Theory
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Theory
Summary Statement of Effectiveness from the Literature
Theory Evaluation from Scripture (at least 100 words in this section)
Summary Statement of Effectiveness from the Bible or Christian Literature
Materials submitted to fulfill requirements in one course may not be submitted in another course. Concerns about the propriety of obtaining outside assistance and acknowledging sources should be addressed to the instructor of the course before the work commences and as necessary as the work proceeds.
- The cover page must include this statement: By submitting this assignment, I attest this submission represents my own work, and not that of another student, scholar, or internet source. I understand I am responsible for knowing and correctly utilizing referencing and bibliographical guidelines.
- This paper must include at least 3 references from peer-reviewed journal articles that have publication dates no older than 5 years, in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. Do not use any books other than the Bible and the 2 course textbooks. Do not cite the management text more than once in your paper. Do not conduct interviews.
- In-text citations are required to support your thesis statement, paragraph topic sentences points, statements, issues, arguments, concerns, statements of fact and opinion.
- The required cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion, and reference sections are not included in the required assignment word count but are required as part of your paper.
- The abstract should be written within a range of 150-250 words. Your abstract should focus on the contents of your paper, but not your specific research information. Your abstract should not duplicate your introduction section but should articulate a clear and comprehensive overview of the paper’s contents with a focus on your research findings and your biblical application.
- The introduction should not be longer than ½ page. It presents a detailed description of the problems and issues central to the case. Your introduction must include a thesis statement, with a supporting citation at the end of your introduction section.
- Your conclusion section should not be longer than ½ page. It clearly states the answer to the problem which you stated in your introduction.
- Sources of information from Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedia will not be accepted. Turnitin similarity scores should not exceed 20%
- Paragraph lengths: Each paragraph should have a topic sentence unless it continues from or provides support to the prior paragraph. A paragraph is defined in this course as being at least 4 sentences in length.
- The first and second person may not be used. This assignment must be based on peer reviewed and biblical/Christian literature.
- Avoid clichés, slang, jargon, exaggerations, abbreviations, figurative language, and language that is too informal and/or too subjective.
- Submit your document for grading with the following file name syntax: Last name, First name
Remember: This assignment and all assignments in this course have a management, not leadership focus. There is a distinct difference between management and leadership. Discuss management, not leadership. The Contemporary Management text only provides basic topical information. As a research-intensive doctoral course, you will need to research current peer-reviewed literature. There is no assignment in this course that can be completed by relying on the text alone.
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. All quoted materials must be properly cited in the current APA format.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.