The purpose of this discussion is to apply leadership skills, including mindfulness, to manage and sustain a practice change project.
Understanding that the leadership characteristics you discovered in Week 1 are different competencies than management skills, describe how you might accomplish the following:
Engage the project team through leadership competencies.
Use mindfulness as a component of emotional intelligence to lead the project team.
Influence an environment that will sustain the practice change.
Construct your responses using the CARE Plan method.
Please click on the following link to review the DNP Discussion Guidelines on the Student Resource Center program page:
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
Compare and contrast theories of organizational behavior and leadership. (PO6)
Investigate the role of advanced nursing practice in innovation and transformation to propose solutions impacting healthcare systems. (PO 6)
Differentiate attributes of effective leaders and followers in influencing healthcare. (PO 6)
Formulate selected strategies for leadership and influence across healthcare systems. (PO8)
Please provide at least 3 references two must be from CINHAL none of them can be more than 5 years old.
VERY IMPORTANT IS THE LEADERSHIP SKILLS THAT I DISCUSSED LAST WEEK NEED TO BE DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD…PLEASE SEE THEM BELOW.
My 2 strongest leadership competencies as a Director of Nursing of a Home Care Company are as following:
• Trusts others to act
• Encourages individuals to take action
• Builds confidence
• Creates a collaborative culture
• Reacts with situational awareness
• Demonstrates relationship behaviors
• Exercises social awareness & management (emotional intelligence)
• Delivers honest but constructive communication
• Embraces diversity & connects people
• Reaches out to make connections
• Adapts with Positivity
My 2 leadership gaps, weakness or developmental opportunities as a Director of Nursing of a Home Care Company are as following:
• Courage to experiment
• Takes calculated risks to change
• Accepts suggestions for new ideas
• Drives innovation & synthesis of ideas
• Launches events into action
• Exhibits calmness in change
• Inspires allegiance
• Motivates commitment
• Direction is future-focused