Select and research ONE of the following companies (Ford Motor Company – Pinto car defect) that has been in the news for an ethical dilemma. about this company’s ethical dilemma and resulting ethical failure, according to the following instructions.
1. Introduce the company (e.g. name, type of business, its corporate structure);
2. Define and explain the ethical dilemma with pertinent facts; this includes why it is an ethical issue; clearly define the dilemma; be clear as to the company’s ethical choices – the one the company chose and at least one other, different, choice;
3. Identify, define and explain an ethical framework that supports the choice/action the company made.
4. Identify, define and explain another ethical framework that the company leadership could have utilized in this situation and explain how utilization of this ethical framework would have led to a different result. Explain specifically how the company effectively could have employed this framework.
5. Recommend: Lessons learned. What lessons can business management leaders learn from this case study for the management of business operations? Recommend and explain at least one business practice.
Ford Motor Company – Pinto car defect – Beginning informational source: