Paper details:Clinical Field Experience B: Educational Goals
Allocate at least 4 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Review the “Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form” to complete this assignment.
Modeling and guiding students through the goal setting process can be a time consuming, but extremely valuable experience. The deeper the understanding that students have, and the more practice they get, the more natural goal setting and self-assessment will become.
Part 1: Educational Goals
For this field experience, you will be working in the same classroom setting as in Clinical Field Experience A. Observe a math or English language arts lesson and identify the learning objectives delivered during instruction.
Following your observation, work with your mentor teacher to identify a small group of 2-3 students. Guide them through the process of setting educational goals directly related to the learning objectives identified in the lesson.
Have a discussion with the students about their understanding of the learning objectives. Use the “Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form” to guide each student independently to set educational goals from the learning objectives. Reflect with students individually through this process, guiding them to formulate their own educational goals. Complete a “Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form” for each student in your small group.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your experience guiding the students through setting their personal education goals.
• How does this process foster student ownership and independence in their own learning?
• What is the correlation between creating personal education goals and self-directed learning?
• How can you use this process in your future professional practice?
Submit the “Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form” and reflection as one deliverable.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite Technical Support Articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
• Expand All RubricExpand All
• expand Student Educational Goals assessment
• Student Educational Goals
• 7.5 points
• expand Reflection assessment
• 5 points
• expand Future Implications assessment
• Future Implications
• 5 points
• expand Mechanics of Writing assessment
• Mechanics of Writing
• Fostering Learner Engagement: An Essential Guide for K-6 Educators, Read Chapters 6 and 10.
• Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form, Review “Student Personal Educational Goal Setting Form” to inform the topic’s field experience assignment.
• The Importance of Self-Determination for Students with DisabilitiesRead “The Importance of Self-Determination for Students with Disabilities,” located on the SpeechRighter Pediatric Therapeutic Learning Center (2019).
• Encouraging Elementary Students to Set Realistic Goals Read “Encouraging Elementary Students to Set Realist Goals,” by White, Hohn, and Tollefson, located in the Journal of Research in Childhood Educa
• Motivating Students to Learn Better Through Own Goal-Setting
• Read “Motivating Students to Learn Better Through own Goal-Setting,” by Lowell, located in Education (1997).
• Fostering Learner Engagement: An Essential Guide for K-6 Educators Read Chapters 6 and 10.