PLEASE USE DATA FROM HCUP DATASETS: NIS; NRD; NEDS and statistical analysis SPSS/SAS software TO COMPLETE THE DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS FOR THIS STUDY. PLEASE USE THE SAME METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN AS THE EXAMPLE PAPER (Geographical Effects on Adult Sickle Cell Disease Treatments, Morbidity, and Mortality)
THE WRITER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGING THE TITLE TO A QUANTITATIVE DESIGN AND ALL THE DATA COLLECTION AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THIS DISSERTATION. PLEASE HIGHLIGHT ALL SECTIONS WRITTEN BY THE WRITER. THANKS!
**THERE ARE 10 ATTACHMENTS (INCLUDING THIS ONE) FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT**
- PROPOSAL (2)
- Care Needs and Challenges to Care Access Among Young Adults with Sickle Cell Disease. Quantitative design using meta-analysis (manuscript w/track changes and comments from chair).
- The lived experiences of young adults with sickle cell disease and acquiring healthcare (approved proposal October 2019). Qualitative design
- QUANTITATIVE CHECKLIST= PLEASE ADHERE CLOSELY TO THIS CHECKLIST. This checklist dissects the proposal. Tells you what elements need to be included in this study. Use as a reference to ensure paper is aligned according to IRB standards.
- QUANTITATIVE ARTICLE (REFERENCE ONLY) THAT SHOWS A RETROSPECTIVE QUANTITATIVE DESIGN USING HCUP DATA COLLECTION AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS (Geographical Effects on Adult Sickle Cell Disease Treatments, Morbidity, and Mortality)
To assist writer with an outline of what components/elements are included in this type of design for reference only; the writer can choose whatever quantitative design they want. This quantitative study uses HCUP for its data collection which is the same database I want you to use for this study along with secondary data.
- Doctoral study template APA 6- outline of study, please follow!
- 6 DATASETS FROM HCUP (NIS2019, NEDS2019, NRD2019, cc2019NIS, cc2019NRD, edcc2019NEDS)
- PLEASE PROVIDE IN 4 DAYS (as) THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW IN GREEN:
|Describe the research problem and why it is important.|
|Identify the purpose of the study.|
|State the theoretical foundations and/or conceptual frameworks, as appropriate.|
|the key research question(s).|
|Describe, concisely, the overall research design, methods, and data collection procedures.|
- PLEASE USE THE ATTACHED PROPOSAL, reference article, AND QUANTITATIVE CHECKLIST AS YOUR FORMAT, OUTLINE, AND GUIDE TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLEASE REWRITE CHAPTERS 1-3 OF THE ATTACHED PROPOSAL FROM SCRATCH REFLECTING A QUANTITATIVE RETROSPECTIVE CORRELATION DESIGN USING THE SAME METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN AS THE EXAMPLE PAPER. CHAPTER 3 DATA COLLECTION IS TO BE COMPLETED WITH STATISTICAL ANALYSIS USING SPSS/SAS SOFTWARE AND DATA COLLECTED FROM HCUP. QUANTITATIVE CHECKLIST- PLEASE ALIGN ALL LITERATURE FOR CHAPTERS 1-3 WITH THE QUESTIONS ASKED IN THE CHECKLIST AND Indicate on the checklist the page number where the appropriate indicator is located. (example: Type of relationship between variables is the first question on the checklist in the front matter section; indicate what page number in the proposal where I can find the type of relationship between variables.
THE ARTICLE ATTACHED IS A REFERENCE ONLY TO GIVE THE WRITER A SENSE OF HOW A QUANTITATIVE DESIGN is done IN A RETROSPECTIVE QUANTITATIVE DESIGN PAPER USING HCUP. No information will be submitted to participants for surveys and no participants will be recruited for face-to-face interviews for this study. All data is secondary, from HCUP, and statistical analysis.
Please collect secondary data on people with Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) who reside in the state of Illinois, if possible. Please research databases from HCUP and collect and compare data to do statistical analysis on sickle cell disease (SCD) patients and access to care when transitioning from adolescent to adult care ages 21-35 or any gap you can find to write this paper over in a retrospective correlation quantitative design using the literature already provided in the attached proposals or new literature. Any new data please do not use articles over 5 years old. Please cite all references in paragraph and add any new literature, complete citation, in the reference section at the end of this paper. Do not use archival data to complete this assignment.
- OPTION ONE- Manuscript with track changes from chair (Care Needs and Challenges to Care Access Among Young Adults with Sickle Cell Disease). Quantitative design using meta-analysis. You can review the comments from my chair and write this paper over with the literature in this paper but meta-analysis cannot be used or articles from other PhD students as a cross reference. Research questions, theoretical framework, gap in study, problem statement, and purpose of study will all have to be written over reflecting the same methodology and design as the example paper attached (Geographical Effects on Adult Sickle Cell Disease Treatments, Morbidity, and Mortality). Please use datasets from HCUP (NIS, NRD, NEDS) and statistical analysis. The data collection, sampling, exclusion/inclusion criteria all needs to be written in the same methodology and format as in the example paper. Please ensure chapters connect.
- OPTION TWO- Approved proposal October 2019 (The lived experiences of young adults with sickle cell disease and acquiring healthcare). Qualitative design phenomological narrative design. You have the option to use this paper and write over the important sections if it is more convenience, remember these are options so you are not writing everything from scratch and you have some background foundation. The data collection, sampling, exclusion/inclusion criteria all needs to be written over in the same methodology and format as in the example paper. Please use datasets from HCUP (NIS, NRD, NEDS) and statistical analysis. Research questions, theoretical framework, gap in study, problem statement, and purpose of study will all have to be written over reflecting the same methodology and design as the example paper attached (Geographical Effects on Adult Sickle Cell Disease Treatments, Morbidity, and Mortality). Please ensure all chapters connect.
Below in BLUE is some info that you might want to consider when selecting the data collection and sampling criteria for this study using HCUP; this is my input, you are welcome to use this criterion just ensure research questions connect. If you do not use this info you have to include a data collection and sampling criteria using the same methodology and design as the example paper:
Target Population- The target population includes adults (21-35), males and females with SCD HbSS identified by ICD-9-CM Codes 282.60, 282.61,282.62, D57.1, and D57.00 with a hospital registration, outpatient registration, and discharge as an inpatient or emergency department patient. The targeted population will vary by year and information from the dataset will be used to represent the frequency of inpatient admits, outpatient visits, and the frequency of ED visits.
Sampling-Inclusion criteria. The inclusion parameters consist of young adults age 21-35, male and female, with SCD HbSS from datasets from the 46 states participating in HCUP for the years 2014 and 2019 using the following criteria: first five diagnosis in medical record consist of ICD-9 CM Codes 282.60 (SCD nonspecific), 282.61 (SCD without crisis), 282.62 (SCD with crisis) and ICD-10-CM Codes D57.1 (SCD without crisis) and D57.00 (SCD HbSS with crisis); descriptive statistics and frequencies will be used to define the targeted SCD population in the areas of insurance, income level, age, and gender in the geographical areas of the West, South, Midwest and Northeast regions.
Exclusion criteria. Excluded from the data are people younger than 21 years, patients over 35 years, patients without ICD-10 Code D57.1 or D57.00 listed in the first five diagnoses in the medical record, and states that did not report data to HCUP in 2014 and 2019.
PLEASE ENSURE THIS PAPER IS WRITTEN SO THE NEXT WRITER CAN COMPLETE CHAPTERS 4 AND 5. IF YOU FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE PAPER THIS SHOULD NOT BE CHALLENGING TO DO.
FUTURE OPPORTUNITY AND CONSIDERATION AFTER THIS ASSIGNMENT IS COMPLETE:
CHAPTERS 4 AND 5 WILL NEED TO BE WRITTEN WHICH IS THE RESULTS, FINDINGS AND CONCLUSION STATING HOW THIS ARTICLE REFLECTS SOCIAL CHANGE using STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FROM THE SECODARY DATA YOU COLLECTED IN CHAPTER 3. Abstract needs to be completed as well. I WILL HIRE YOU AGAIN TO COMPLETE THE LAST 2 CHAPTERS IF YOUR AVAILABLE.
Any questions please fs