On July 15th, 2020, several Twitter accounts associated with prominent figures were hijacked and sent out a bitcoin scam.
· Describe the breach, including the type of attack and its ramifications.
· How did human nature factor into the breach?
· What type of access controls could be implemented to mitigate or minimize the effects of this type of breach?
Open and review the 2020 IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence Index [PDF] .
· Describe the purpose of this report and how this information would be useful to a business.
· Provide insightful reasoning on why:
. Phishing decreased from nearly half of the total incidents in 2018 to less than a third by 2019, while scanning and exploitation of vulnerabilities increased to nearly a third of the incidents up from only eight percent in 2018.
. Ransomware and building out botnets have returned significantly to the malware landscape.
Single Sign On (SSO) simplifies login to multiple applications. Secure Assertion Markup Language (SAML) can be used to define how to provide both authentication and authorization.
· Address the pros and cons of using SSO.
· Describe SAML, how it works, and how it can be used to enable single sign on (SSO).
. Provide at least two alternatives to SAML and the pros and cons of each, including SAML.
. Select two tools for implementing SSO and justify your selections.