by I. Kant & “Kantian Approaches to Some Famine Problems”
by O. O’Neill.
It is a good idea to take notes as you read, jot down questions about things you do not understand, etc.
For your written assignment:
Choose one of the cases from Cases for Week 3 PHIL302.docx
Prepare a Powerpoint presentation (4 – 6 slides) that includes the following (Example: Sample Case Presentation.pptx
- Summarize the case or caselet.
- What are the ethical issues in this case? What choice(s) of “right or wrong, permitted or not permitted” needs to be made here?
- What are some possible solutions to the case?
- What reasons support those solutions?
- What do you think should be done, and why?
Do your best to apply Utilitarianism and Kant (Deontology) to your case: what different solutions (or similar solutions) do these theories support? How? (Using A Framework for Ethical Decision Making
will be helpful).
What are some questions for class discussion?
Please turn this presentation into Canvas (as a Powerpoint presentation).
YOU WILL PRESENT YOUR CASE ANALYSIS TO EACHOTHER IN SMALL GROUPS TODAY.