- Type: Argumentative essay
- Subject: Women’s and gender studies
- Topic: Abortion
- Style: APA
- Number of pages: 4 pages/single spaced (2200 words)
- PowerPoint slides: 0
- Number of source/references: 5
- Extra features: Abstract page
Choose a controversial issue within the field of communications and media OR develop the issue/argument that you wrote on in the second assignment (only if your argument was approved).
***PLEASE WRITE ABOUT ABORTION. THIS IS THE TOPC I CHOSE IN MY SECOND ASSIGNMENT***
2. Find at least five references – three of which must be academic – relating to the argument that you choose to support. You may use sources from other courses. The non- academic sources must be credible (private research institutes and such).
3. Construct an argument. An argument is a clear-cut statement representing one side of a controversial issue. Remember: An argument is NOT a question/hypothesis/opinion/fact.
4. Write a paper supporting your argument by synthesizing ideas from the five references. Make sure that your evidence leads to the intended conclusion.
This is an argumentative paper that presents an argument which is supported by use of academic (and non-academic, credible) references. Take into account the principles taught in the course on argumentative writing (argument, evidence, conclusion), elements of a communicative text (hierarchy, accuracy, cohesion, relevance), and synthesizing. Decide on a logical/rhetorical pattern for organizing and constructing your text (cause and effect, problem and solution, etc.).
5. Pay attention to correct citing within the text and to the list of references at the end of the paper. Use APA style.
6. The assignment should be approximately four pages (1000-1200 words, excluding cover pages and references), font 12, 1.5 spaces, normal margins